Saturday, May 2, 2009

Whats going on

Ok so Its been quite some time since my last update (last year I guess). Got loads of updates on stuff.

1. The Doctor Scientist/ Octagon Control split 7" came out about a month and a half ago. This one was limited to 300 copies for the first pressing. Got about 30 to 40 copies remaining right now. Their will be a repress coming before the Doctor Scientist tour this summer. You can grab one of the first pressing copies from me while I still got them or one of the many other places that have copies out their.

2. Digital Leather - Power Surge 7" & The Manikins - I want my Baby Dead 7" - Both these single will be out within a few weeks. I started using a new pressing plant that is taking a little longer then I'm used to so it made it so the Manikins were not able to get them for tour however the test pressings sound great. Thicker cuts of vinyl then I have been able to give in the past. And Dave over at Lucky Lacquers is my new mastering / Plating guy. Let me tell you he does GREAT work. I'm happier with the work he has done for me over the past few months then anyone else I have worked with. Anyways most of the copies of both records have sold out via preorder. I have about 5 more Manikins singles available and about 25 more Digital leather singles. Both records are limited to 500 copies. We also are giving away 2 test pressings of each record. To enter all you gotta do is preorder a copy of the records. Im gonna try and give away test pressings of every record I do from now on as a thanks to the folks that preorder records. Winners for the test pressings will be posted here and on our myspace page the day the record comes out.

3. Got a few more records in pressing now. The mastering and plating on all 3 is done. Now just waiting for the test presses before I start preorders. Here is whats in store

Mac Blackout - The Western Blue LP / CD - New Full length from Mac. For those of you not familiar with Mac's work he played in the Functional Blackout's and now is in the Daily Void. He also released a full length LP and separate full length CD on Deadbeat records in 2008. More info to come on this soon. Due out in June/ July

Earthmen and Strangers - Ryan "Wong" Rousseau and his new band have written and record their first official output. This 10 song LP is gonna be a must have for fans of Ryan's other work especially Tokyo Electron. Due out in June /July

Poppets - A new 8 SONG 12" EP is in pressing now! This one is gonna be a co-release with P.Trash records from Germany. We are pushing hard to try to get this one out for the Band US tour in July. More info coming soon.

4. Tons of other stuff just over the horizon here is a list of whats in store and tentative release time frames

Wreckless Eric & Amy Rigby - 7" (summer 09)
Armedalite Rifles - Double LP (summer/fall 09)
Strange Attractor - 7" (fall 09)
Black Bug - LP (fall/winter 09)
Tokyo Electron - "AZ 238" LP (Co-released with Certified PR records) (fall /winter 09)
So Cow 7" (2010)
Deep Sleep - LP (2010)
Doctor Scientist - LP (2010)
Women - LP (2010)
4 way split LP - More info soon (??????)

No comments: