Friday, May 29, 2009

Manikins / Digital Leather 7" updates & NO MORE FDH PREORDERS

Ok well here we go again. I have had a bunch of problems with the pressing of the new Digital Leather and Manikins 7"s. As everyone probably knows already these records were due out in April for the Manikins US tour. I made the mistake of trying a new pressing plant for these records and now everyone is paying.

So today I finally got the box of records that was due out a month ago. Upon opening the records all of the Digital Leather ones were fine. Then I opened the Manikins singles. The 400 black vinyl copies were fine. However when I opened the box of 100 color copies they all had Digital Leather center stickers on them. So after a day of dealing with this via the pressing plant I am now being told that the corrected versions will be in my hands next week. Obviously Im not to happy with this. Alot of you had paid for these records a long time ago. And now they are getting delayed again.

As a result of this I have made a call to stop taking preorders on upcoming releases. I have already started preorders for the 3 LP'S coming out in July (Mac Blackout / Earthmen and Strangers/ and Poppets). Im not going to take down the preorder for these records. However moving forward I will start record sales when the records are in my hands. As much as I know that I have done nothing wrong and everyone will get their records I feel this reflects poorly on me and the FDH name so this is my attempt to avoid anything like this happening again.

Anyone that ordered just a Digital Leather record they will ship this week. If you ordered Manikins records (or both records together) I gotta wait for the fixed Manikins records to show and then the records will ship. Im sorry for the delay once again. If anyone Would rather get a black vinyl version of the Manikins record just to get them in your hands quicker just write me and I will make this happen.


Once again Im sorry for these delays and as I stated Im doing everything I can to make sure this never happens again...


Eric Hansen
www.fdhmusic.com
erictheill@yahoo.com

No comments: