Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring 2011 update

After a few mopnths of taking it easy its time to get things moving again. Here are some Updates.

Outer Minds - We are still on track to release this bands first full length sometime this year. This is a follow up to their 7"s on Hozac and Goodbye Boozy. I actually highly recommend checking out the Goodbye Boozy single. The band asked me to do that one originally and I told them forget the single lets do a LP. The band is working on recording the full length between touring in both this band and other bands.

Crusaders of Love - After seeing this band last year and hearing the LP on Douchemaster I knew I wanted to work with them. The have recorded some songs and will be doing some sort of record with me this year. We have talked about it possibly being a 7" of their own or a split 7". Im not willing to say what band the split may be with but I will say that their are shared members between Crusaders and this other amazing band.

Cum Stain - Heard this bands 7" on Florida's Dying and loved it right out of the gate. After then hearing the tape on Burger I knew I wanted them to do a FDH record. So a 7" is in the works.

White Wires - After flipping my shit over their new LP I asked a freind for their contact info. Turns out one of the band members has been a loyal FDH fan for years. Its for sure a while down the road as the band has other commitments but a 7" is planned for somewhere down the road.

We Aren't Friendly - Sadly this is not happening anymore.

Maybe Baby - So for years I have not been accepting demos. The other day I got one from this band and figured why not give it a listen. Within hours it was decided that this was gonna be on FDH. 2 new songs to follow up the 7" on Windian. These 2 tracks were recorded and mixed by Matthew Melton (Bare Wires / Snake Flower 2).

Demos - So after what has happened with Maybe Baby I have decided to take demos again. I dont take electronic demos so dont bother sending MP3'S or zip files. I had 1 harddrive fried from a demo that had a virus. If you would like to send a demo please see the contact info on the page.

No comments: